Jammin' Jerk Marinade - 9 oz
Experience the flavor of jerk style cuisine celebrated in Jamaica and enjoyed in other parts of the world in our Jammin' Jerk Marinade. Ours:
- Has natural ingredients
- Is naturally gluten free
- Is corn syrup free
- Is soy free
- Is great with lamb, poultry, beef, pork, venison, seafood, vegetables
Every "Jerk" product (rub, marinade, sauce, you name it) that you will encounter has a claim of 'authenticity' as they rightfully should. That's because the creators have adapted a recipe which may have been passed down over several generations making it and the experience authentic to them and by extension you.
Most of the products available today including ours are most likely today completely different in many respects from the original recipe - be it from the Arawak Indians who first inhabited Jamaica, or from the West African slaves who arrived as part of the Slave Trade and carried their traditions with them.
In either case, with each generation we can assume that adaptations have been made either due to scarcity, availability, supply or demand of one or more ingredients as taste preferences changed. What we can say, or imply however is that there is a certain flavor profile that all producers have tried to attain or maintain.
So what is the real "jerk marinade/seasoning/sauce" then? What we know for sure is that it is usually a dry but most likely a wet rub that has allspice (pimento), habanero (scotch bonnet) peppers, scallions, nutmeg, and salt among its main ingredients. We also believe that these particular mixtures combined with the cooking style (smoking over pimento wood) served two primary purposes - preservation and flavor.
So why is our Jammin' Jerk Marinade different? The short tongue-in-cheek answer is that it is authentic. But we have already covered that, and yes ours is authentic to us while preserving that certain flavor profile attributed to jerk style cuisine. Beyond that, however, we made this marinade as a means of introducing our son to the flavors of our culture and to leave for him a template which he could adapt to the future if needed.
Our Jammin' Jerk Marinade is also different because it is geared towards those with a preference for a complete seasoning packed with rich full flavor, that has natural, gluten free ingredients, has no high fructose corn syrup, no soy sauce, does not compromise quality, has low sodium, has more uses beyond jerk and made in small batches by real people.
Otherwise, the Net Wt. 9 Oz. jar contents are a mild - medium spice heat level that can be used as your primary marinade/rub on - lamb, poultry, beef, pork, seafood, vegetables - or to supplement your other dishes and the uses are many. For best results, meats should be marinated for at least an hour to overnight but it can be used immediately if you don't want to wait. Enjoy!
- All our products are in stock in our warehouse and are usually shipped within 1 - 2 days of order unless the item is on backorder.
- Your order will be assigned a tracking number which will be included in a confirmation email once the item has been shipped. Our standard shipments are done through USPS but you may also select FedEx or UPS at checkout. Our standard shipping method is USPS Priority Mail (2 - 4 Days).
- We ship to continental US, Canada, and Worldwide (shipping and customs restrictions may apply).
Free Shipping / Store Pickup
- All orders over $50 will be eligible for Free Shipping (Continental US)
- Minimum purchase is calculated after discounts and before taxes are applied
- Select the appropriate option at checkout
- Find a local Retailer Near You