We use a pressure cooker quite a bit in our house, mainly because it greatly reduces the cook time, giving us more time for other things. I've come to love cooking beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the pressure cooker because it takes less time and I get to leave only the bones behind unlike when done on the grill. I find it to also be more flavorful, plus I have stock/gravy left over which can be used for other things later. Here's how we do it using our Jammin' Jerk Marinade to take the taste profile up a few notches.
- 2 lbs beef short ribs (about 4 pieces)
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon Jammin’ Jerk Marinade
- salt to taste
- Marinate short ribs with Jammin’ Jerk Marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight
- Lightly braise short ribs with coconut oil in pressure cooker on all sides and set aside but do not discard oil from pressure cooker
- Caramelize onions in pressure cooker.
- Add garlic and continue to caramelize onions
- Add Worcestershire sauce and red wine and stir mixture for 1 - 2 minutes
- Return short ribs to pressure cooker and let simmer for about 2 minutes
- Add stock bring to a boil
- Cover pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes after the pressure builds
You can also try this extra step of putting it on the putting it on the grill for a few minutes, then serve with some of our Smokin' Jerk Barbecue Sauce.
- November 24, 2015
- Nature's Kitchen